Asian Geographic Issue 01/2017 No. 123
The next issue of ASIAN Geographic focuses on climate change. Our photographic showcase documents coastal communities in the Sundarbans, whose livelihoods are threatened by rising sea levels and increasing salinity. We trail a faction of Cambodian environmental vigilantes who are combatting illegal deforestation, examine the connection between climate change, food security and women farmers in Asia, walk with Borneo’s wildlife warriors in saving the orangutans, and follow a group of children salvaging pollution in Manila to make a living. We put meat under the knife in the carbon emissions discussion, and visit a small community of monks who are warding off the pushing tide in Thailand to save their sacred temple. Rather than looking at the effects of climate change in isolation, the issue also considers the possible solutions.
ASIAN Geographic is the bi-monthly magazine that scours the region to bring readers the most compelling stories and images from the world’s largest and most diverse continent. Readers enjoy a unique melting pot of breathtaking photography and in-depth features covering culture, nature, sustainability issues and exploration into the history of this diverse region. A regular ‘Exploration’ segment follows brave field editors as they travel deep into Asia’s unexplored regions to take readers on a journey.
– This magazine will be available for pickup at our office.
– Select “Pickup at Asian Geographic Magazines office” as your shipping method to avoid shipping costs.
- All 7 issues of ScubaDiver Australasia 2011
- All 6 issues of Asian Diver 2011
- All 8 issues of ScubaDiver Australasia Magazines 2009
- All 6 issues of ScubaDiver Australasia Magazines 2010
- All 6 issues of Asian Diver 2010