Asian Geographic Issue 02/2018 No. 130
What is tradition? In this issue, we look at how a people’s loving protection and willing maintenance of ancient observances allow rituals like fire wars to survive the generations, and revive fading subcultures – like Thailand’s forest wizards – from the brink of extinction. Yet this era’s predominant theme seems encapsulated by the underdog tribe’s failure to resist bartering unique customs for a share in progress, meaning unusual ways of life, like monkey hunting and corpse care, may soon be permanently forfeited to history. Dive into the weird and wonderful parts of Asia’s heritage as we uncover the diverse ways that her people make meaning of milestones and seasons, and live unique lives across remote islands, quiet villages and high mountains.
- All 6 issues of ScubaDiver Australasia Magazines 2010
- All 6 issues of Asian Diver 2010
- All 7 issues of ScubaDiver Australasia 2011
- All 6 issues of Asian Diver 2011
- All 8 issues of ScubaDiver Australasia Magazines 2009